a) the safety and enjoyment of players and spectators and
b) the care and maintenance of the pitches the following rules must be adhered to at all times:
1. No unsupervised play is permitted AT ANY TIME.
2. Spectators are not allowed on the pitches.
3. Players and officials are not permitted to enter the pitches until the previous game has ended.
4. No smoking is allowed on the pitches
5. No food, alcohol, oranges, soft drinks, tea and coffee etc. are allowed on the pitches. Only appropriate players refreshment is permitted.
6. Appropriate CLEAN footwear must be worn on the pitches at all times.
7. First Aid equipment is held in the clubhouse and captains should ensure equipment is available pitch side.
It is the responsibility of all members to ensure that their team, opposition and training colleagues comply with these rules and leave the pitches clean and tidy after use.
Code of conduct for Parents / Carers
1. Encourage you child to learn the rules and play within them.
2. Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
3. Help your child to recognize good performance, not just results.
4. Never force your child to take part in sport.
5. Set a good example by recognizing fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
6. Never punish or belittle a child for loosing or making mistakes.
7. Publicity accept officials’ judgments.
8. Use correct language at all times.
9. Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarized below:
1. All captains, coaches and volunteers must:
2. Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performances.
3. Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers based on mutual trust and respect.
4. Make sure all activities are appropriate for the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
5. Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
6. Display consistently high standards of behavior and appearance.
7. Follow all guidelines laid down by England Hockey and Dereham Hockey Club.
8. Hold the appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
9. Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
10. Never condone rule violations, rough play of the use of prohibitive substances.
11. It is the coach’s responsibility for defining a start time for sessions, which is 10 minutes after the coach is able to arrive at the session
Dereham Hockey Club is full committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators, parents and young people associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and be encouraged to share any concerns or complaints that they may have with any of the Child Welfare Officers:
Jan Settle – 01328 700456
Robin Turner – 01362 860057
Molly Crisp – 01362 860488